26 de mai. de 2009

Updates on my game!

Here we go! I don`t post anything here for some time because i was working on my game. i`m putting much effort in it now. You know when you open AGS and see the first room of your game and then you think: "Man. I got too much of this. I dont have motivation to continue it." yeah, the problem that affects 100% of game makers. When they give you some feedback, then the thing change, you can think: "Hey! Somebody is interested in my game! He counts on me, i need to finish that! I don`t worked that much to reach a day where i say that is enough! Is just enough when we add the special bonus on the double DVD deluxe edition of our game!". When i don't have motivation, i take a rest. Yes. I forget it. The blue cup down there on my desktop bar is there just for fun. My mind stay away from AGS for 1 or 2 weeks and then i come back full of ideas.

When you got an idea, this motivates you. Make you think: "This will add much more content to my game, wich will turn into a interesting and fascinating game, so i should work more on it!" and then you put a sign labeled "DONT DISTURB" on your door and start improving your game.
Making a long game is dificult, especialy if you are making it alone.

OK, now i will post there an image of my games menu. I improved it by adding a sign to substitute the menu buttons (gui). I added some shades too and improved the mansion. It looks a lot nicer than the last one, take a look:

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/menu2.png

What do you think? Please comment and rate it!

3 comentários:

  1. That's a nice menu, really! Normally I am not very interested in projects with settings that occur pretty often in adventure games (escape a strange mansion for example) - but I liked the menu when I saw it, and I hope you can keep up the motivation and finish it.

    Good luck!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Thank you =D And i can assure you my game is not only "escape the mansion" it's not THAT simple. There is a whole more complex story to unfold through the game (including a triple personality computer =P). Keep commenting!

    ResponderExcluir